Skip Navigation

Animal Ordering and Per Diem Rates

Farm animal per diem charges and animal acquisition are administered by the Animal Care Program. In light of the varying sources of farm animals (e.g., in house breeding, market opportunity, donation, lease, etc.) faculty should contact Clint Burgher (848-932-9415) when animals are needed for research, teaching or demonstration. Like the laboratory animals, an approved protocol must be on file with the Animal Care and Facilities Committee (ACFC) BEFORE animals can be obtained. Additional requirements to obtain an approved animal use protocol can be found at Top 5 Things You Need to Know to Work with Animals at SEBS or NJAES. Faculty are required to have a billing account set up for per diem charges associated with the use of farm animals.