Sample Submission Instructions
- Sample submission forms can be downloaded by selecting the appropriate link below. Forms are in PDF format. Forms may also be obtained from your local county Rutgers New Jersey Agricultural Experiment Station (NJAES) Cooperative Extension office. There are seven distinct forms.
- Completely fill out the submission form. Accurate diagnosis requires both a representative sample and sufficient information about the cultural practices, environmental conditions, location, etc. associated with the problem. Photographs are helpful when they accompany a physical sample. Print and include photos with your sample or email them to firstname.lastname@example.org. The lab will not attempt an accurate diagnosis or identification from photos alone—they must be associated with a physical sample.
- Collect the appropriate sample. Carefully follow the directions on the submission form. Whole plants work best.
- Properly package the sample, form, and payment. For proper diagnosis or identification,
specimens must be received in good condition.
- Address packages to:
Rutgers Plant Diagnostic Laboratory
Ralph Geiger Turfgrass Education Center
20 Indyk-Engel Way
New Brunswick, NJ 08901
- The laboratory will email a written report when a conclusion has been reached on the diagnosis or identification, including detailed management recommendations. Email responses will come from email@example.com in a timely manner. Please ensure that email from this address is not marked by your server as spam.