Sunday, February 13, 2011
- Health: Want to get more exercise? Limit your “screen time” (e.g., television, video games, computer use) or exercise while you’re watching TV.
- Wealth: How “financially capable” are you? Take this quiz: http://www.usfinancialcapability.org/.
Monday, February 14, 2011
- Health: Happy Valentine’s Day! “Splurge” on some chocolate or a restaurant meal and make it up Tuesday and Wednesday. Average out your calories and exercise over the next few days so you stay on track.
- Wealth: Reward yourself for saving. For every $100 saved, spend $5 or $10 on something fun.
Tuesday, February 15, 2011
Seven great reasonsfrom the Mayo Clinic to increase your daily physical activity.
- Wealth: Ever wonder what the phrase “pay yourself first” means? It means putting YOU first in line for your paycheck. Here’s a simple explanation: http://extension.org/faq/27674.
Wednesday, February 16, 2011
- Health: Keep your bones strong with adequate daily calcium intake and weight-bearing exercise.
- Wealth: “The greatest wealth is health” said the philosopher Virgil about 2,050 years ago. Nothing has changed since then. If you don’t take care of your health, you’ll be unable to enjoy your money.
Thursday, February 17, 2011
- Health: Exercise increases life expectancy and boosts mental and physical health: http://bit.ly/aie0DE.
- Wealth: Financial (and health) change takes time. Small steps are okay. Take what you’re already doing and kick it up a notch. For example, save 6% of your income for retirement instead of 5%.
Friday, February 18, 2011
- Health: Nutritious meals shouldn’t break the bank. These healthy recipes serve four people for under $10.
- Wealth: Want to avoid spending bloopers? Learn from others’ spending mistakes and check out some cute home-made videos at the National Endowment for Financial Education Web site: www.spendster.org.
Saturday, February 19, 2011
- Health: Save money on costly dental bills. Be sure to take good care of your teeth and oral health.
- Wealth: Only one more week left to the Winter SSHW Challenge! You can track your points on the online SSHW Challenge Web site year-round if you want to. Register for the annual non-competitive challenge.