Sunday, February 14, 2010
We can't become what we need to be by remaining what we are. - Oprah Winfrey
- Health: Eating out at a restaurant today? Eat an appetizer as a meal or share an entrée with a friend.
- Wealth: Add a few extra dollars to your mortgage payment. You can knock years off of your mortgage loan and save thousands of dollars just by pre-paying additional principal each month.
Monday, February 15, 2010
When it comes to the pinch, human beings are heroic. - George Orwell
- Health: Stop eating when you are full and avoid eating food directly out of a pot, box, or container.
- Wealth: Invest in a water filter instead of buying bottled water. At 25 cents to $1 a bottle, it adds up.
Tuesday, February 16, 2010
Happiness depends upon ourselves. - Aristotle
- Health: Top your favorite cereal with apples, berries, or bananas.
- Wealth: Never provide your credit card or checking account information when making a purchase online unless the address to that site starts with "https". This shows that the site is on a secure server and provides much better protection of your private information.
Wednesday, February 17, 2010
There are no shortcuts to any place worth going. - Beverly Sills
- Health: Ask for more vegetable toppings (e.g., mushrooms and peppers) and less cheese on your pizza.
- Wealth: Small appliances always on? Plug all your plugs from your entertainment system and/or small appliances into an outlet plug with the switch on it. Shut the switch off when not in use. This will save on your electric bill.
Thursday, February 18, 2010
No one reaches a high position without daring. - Syrups
- Health: Never be fruitless! Stock up on peaches, pears, pineapple, and apricots canned in fruit juice or frozen so they're always on hand.
- Wealth: Consider raising the deductibles on your car(s). This will save on your insurance premium(s).
Friday, February 19, 2010
Don't worry, be happy. - Maher Baba
- Health: Keep a pair of comfortable walking or running shoes in your car and office.
- Wealth: To reduce your heating bill, check to see if you feel a breeze at the bottom of your doors. If so, purchase door sweeps to help block the flow and keep your rooms warm.
Saturday, February 20, 2010
Those who believe they can do something are probably right - and so are those who believe they can't. - Unknown
- Health: Plan meals a week ahead according to family schedules and supermarket sales.
- Wealth: Refrain from "topping off" at the gas station to round up to the next dollar. According to the EPA, topping off the gas tank can result in your paying for gasoline that is fed back into the station's tanks because your gas tank is full. For more information, see www.epa.gov/donttopoff.