Sunday, February 7, 2010
The mighty oak was once a little nut that stood its ground. - Unknown
- Health: Replace your "Sunday Drive" with a "Sunday Walk."
- Wealth: Before using credit, ask yourself if having the item is worth the extra costs you may incur.
Monday, February 8, 2010
What you are afraid to do is a clear indicator of the next thing you need to do. - Unknown
- Health: When eating out, ask your server for a "to-go" container. Place ½ of your entrée in the container before you eat.
- Wealth: Reduce "clutter" in your financial life; keep only important receipts, records, and papers. Instead of using the "stash and pile" method of organization, use the "file it, find it" approach.
Tuesday, February 9, 2010
With our thoughts we make the world. - Buddha
- Health: Drink lots of water every day.
- Wealth: Identify long term financial goals, attach a dollar value to them, and develop a plan of action to achieve them (e.g., save $100 a month in a 401(k) plan).
Wednesday, February 10, 2010
Life is the sum of your choices. - Albert Camus
- Health: At a restaurant, ask for salad dressing on the side.
- Wealth: Give wisely to charities. Be sure the charity is reputable and know what they will do with the money that is collected.
Thursday, February 11, 2010
We aim above the mark to hit the mark. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
- Health: Try eating brown rice or whole wheat pasta.
- Wealth: If your bank offers free online bill paying, consider taking advantage of it. You'll save money on postage.
Friday, February 12, 2010
Example has more followers than reason. - Bovee
- Health: Take the stairs instead of the elevator/escalator.
- Wealth: Encourage children to save and invest for their future using a piggy bank or jar.
Saturday, February 13, 2010
The future comes one day at a time. - Dean Acheson
- Health: Walk briskly around a mall or supermarket for exercise.
- Wealth: Manage your money with a spending plan rather than letting your bills manage you.