Sunday, April 11, 2010
- Health: Want to lose 25 pounds? Forty-five (45) minutes of brisk walking burns about 240 calories, which translates into 25 pounds of weight loss in a year.
- Wealth: Automate your savings. Get money automatically deposited into a savings account before you get a chance to spend it.
Monday, April 12, 2010
- Health: Always carry identification when you are out walking, just in case you have an emergency.
- Wealth: Place $5 a day, plus pocket change, in a can or jar. In a month, you could save up over $200 ($5 per day x 30 days = $150 plus $2 of spare change per day x 30 days = $60).
Tuesday, April 13, 2010
- Health: Try to have exercise become as much of a daily habit as eating and sleeping. Take the time!
- Wealth: Plan ahead financially. Remember that "people don't plan to fail, they fail to plan."
Wednesday, April 14, 2010
- Health: Eat breakfast. Start the day right with fruit, a high-fiber cereal, and a source of protein.
- Wealth: Develop and follow a spending plan (budget), a written plan for spending and saving money.
Thursday, April 15, 2010
- Health: Talk with your doctor about a Vitamin D supplement. Many people do not get enough Vitamin D.
- Wealth: Be sure that your tax return, or a request for an extension to file it, is in the mail by the end of today. Remember that an extension is an extension to file and not an extension to make tax payments.
Friday, April 16, 2010
- Health: Keep your body mass index (BMI) under 25. To check your BMI, add your height and weight into this online calculator: www.nhlbisupport.com/bmi.
- Wealth: Infrequent expenses, such as car insurance, a vacation, and gifts, should be totaled, divided by 12, and saved for in monthly installments.
Saturday, April 17, 2010
- Health: Some states are taxing (or thinking about taxing) sugar-sweetened beverages such as soda. Cut them out and you'll cut calories, save money, and earn 10 daily points for the online SSHW Challenge.
- Wealth: Set aside 3 to 6 months of expenses for emergencies such as unemployment or a car breakdown.