Sunday, October 31, 2010
Every worthwhile accomplishment, big or little, has its stages of drudgery and triumph; a beginning, a struggle and a victory. - Ghandi
- Health: Share an entrée with a friend. You’ll save both money and calories.
- Wealth: Photograph or videotape your possessions as proof of ownership in the event of a loss. Save this “evidence” away from home (e.g., in a safe deposit box).
Monday, November 1, 2010
To get what you want, stop doing what isn’t working. - Dennis Weaver
- Health: Learn to listen to your body and stop eating when you are full.
- Wealth: Create a file for each stock or mutual fund that you own. Save year-end account statements in the file so that the cost basis of shares for capital gains tax can be easily determined.
Tuesday, November 2, 2010
Good is not good where better is expected. - Thomas Fuller
- Health: Top your favorite cereal with your favorite fruit.
- Wealth: Prepare a list of financial assets, professional advisors, and other important information and share it with your loved ones and the executor of your will.
Wednesday, November 3, 2010
You are what you think about all day long. - Robert Schuller
- Health: Ask for more vegetable toppings (mushrooms, peppers, onions…) and less cheese on your pizza
- Wealth: Got credit card debt? Ask your creditors to lower your interest rate to keep you as a customer
Thursday, November 4, 2010
Tomorrow is often the busiest day of the week - Spanish proverb
- Health: Never be fruitless! Stock up on peaches, pears, and apricots canned in fruit juice or frozen so they’re always on hand.
- Wealth: Prepare a spending plan (budget) to plan your future income and expenses. Be sure to include saving as a fixed expense
Friday, November 5, 2010
Obstacles don’t have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don’t turn around and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it. - Michael Jordan
- Health: Keep a pair of comfortable walking or running shoes in your car and office.
- Wealth: If you prefer to use a computer for your financial planning, use this Excel spreadsheet for budgeting.
Saturday, November 6, 2010
Often he who does too much does too little. - Italian proverb
- Health: Plan your meals a week ahead. Include 4 or more cup of fruits and vegetables daily.
- Wealth: Spend the bulk of your insurance premium dollars on large risks such as liability and disability.