Sunday, October 3, 2010
Getting my lifelong weight struggle under control has come from a process of treating myself as well as I treat others in every way. - Oprah Winfrey
- Health: More carrots, less cake!
- Wealth: Set specific financial goals with a price and a time deadline (e.g., “save $10,000 for a car purchase in four years”). Then develop an action plan to save a certain amount each pay day to reach the goal.
Monday, October 4, 2010
Laughter is the most healthful exertion - Cristoph Wilhelm Hufeland
- Health: Use smaller plates for your meals.
- Wealth: Put $2 a day, plus pocket change, into a can or jar. In a month, you could save over $100 ($2 per day x 30 days = $60 plus $1.50 of spare change per day x 30 days = $45).
Tuesday, October 5, 2010
Early to bed and early to rise makes a man healthy, wealthy, and wise. - ~ Benjamin Franklin
- Health: If it goes in your mouth, write it down.
- Wealth: Get organized! Designate a “money center” in your home where you pay bills and store receipts.
Wednesday, October 6, 2010
Eat lightly, breathe deeply, live moderately. - William Londen
- Health: Choose fruit for dessert
- Wealth: Save money on prescription drugs. Purchase generic drugs, whenever possible, and order 90-day mail order prescriptions instead of a 30-day supply from a local drug store.
Thursday, October 7, 2010
Take care of your body. It’s the only place you have to live. - Jim Rohn
- Health: Choose fat free milk over whole milk.
- Wealth: Got your Fall 2010 flu shot yet? Take advantage of resources in your community or at your workplace, including health fairs and free or low-cost immunizations.
Friday, October 8, 2010
You can set yourself up to be sick, or you can choose to stay well. - Wayne Dyer
- Health: Walk during your lunch hour.
- Wealth: Consider saving more in your employer’s retirement savings plan if you are not contributing the maximum that is allowed. Try to save at least the maximum amount that your employer will match.
Saturday, October 9, 2010
The greatest wealth is health. - Virgil
- Health: Eliminate a tablespoon of butter or one soft drink per day to cut out 100 calories.
- Wealth: Experts recommend saving 3 to 6 months of expenses for emergencies such as unemployment. Some are even advising an 8-month reserve in this tough economy. Not there? Save as much as you can.