Lawn & Garden
Frequently Asked Questions
Select a topic:
- Fruit Trees
- Garden and Household Pests
- Lawn Care and Landscaping
- Pesticides and Fertilizer
- Trees and Shrubs
- Hiring a Tree Professional
- Planting Trees
- Selecting a Tree
- Watering, Fertilizing, and Mulching
- Q: How do I fertilize a tree?
- Q: How much mulch should I apply around a tree?
- Q: How often should I water a newly planted tree?
- A: It is very difficult to say trees should be watered on an absolute time frame. There are many factors that determine when and how much water is given to a tree, one being the time of planting; spring and fall planted trees require less water than those planted in the summer. For more information visit RCE fact sheet FS540, Using Water Wisely in the Garden, and RCE fact sheet FS595, Low Water Use Landscaping.
- Vegetable Gardening and Small Fruits