Lawn & Garden
Frequently Asked Questions
Select a topic:
- Fruit Trees
- Garden and Household Pests
- Lawn Care and Landscaping
- Hiring a Lawn or Landscape Professional
- Q: How do I reduce the amount of grass clippings I am putting in the garbage?
- Q: How high should I let my grass grow before I cut it?
- A: The mowing height changes according to the time of the season and grass species. In the spring and fall grass can be cut at 2.5 to 3.5 inches. In the heat of the summer the lawn can be cut at 3.5 inches. For more information see RCE fact sheet FS102, Your Lawn and Its Care.
- Q: When should I mow my lawn?
- Poison Ivy
- Starting a Lawn
- Pesticides and Fertilizer
- Trees and Shrubs
- Vegetable Gardening and Small Fruits