Tomatoes are loaded with nutrients that are part of a healthy diet. Use fresh tomatoes for this recipe, but as you plan family meals consider using tomatoes in all forms; fresh, frozen and canned. Roasted tomatoes are sweetand full of flavor. They can be eaten right out of the oven, as a side dish, used in recipes such as tomato soup, stews, sauces, or casseroles.
- Fresh plum tomatoes, as many as you like!
- Rinse tomatoes, pat dry with paper towels, then, cut in half lengthwise. Sprinkle the tomatoes with salt, then turn cut side down on a baking sheet covered with paper towels. Allow the tomatoes to stand for 1 hour to allowexcess moisture to be extracted. After 1 hour remove and discard the paper towels.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Arrange the tomato halves in a single layer, cut side up, on a baking sheet. Sprinkle the tomatoes with salt,pepper & dried oregano.
- Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes. The finished product will be very tasty, and sweet tomato packing with flavor. Enjoy immediately after roasting, or save to add to a salad, use as a side dish, or use in making tomato soup.
- Enjoy the freshness of Roasted Tomatoes!