Yellow/orange veggies are rich in vitamin A. A ripe yellow squash, butternut squash, and nutrient rich sweetpotatoes, pair nicely in this tasty dish.
- Yellow squash
- Butternut squash
- Sweet potatoes
- Sprinkle of salt & pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Peel sweet potatoes, discard the ends, and cut into 1½-2 inch pieces. Remove seeds from a butternut squash, then peel and cut into similar pieces. Cut yellow squash into 1-inch rounds.
- Place veggies on a baking sheet, sprinkle with salt & pepper. Drizzle with olive oil, then toss gently to coat.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until tender. The roasted veggies are simple, nutritious, sweet and ready to serve.