Eggplant is a staple in many home gardens. If you grow it in the garden or purchase it from a local farm market, select a firm ripe eggplant for best results. It is easy to prepare in most recipes and also delicious. This recipefeatures fresh eggplant, simply roasted so it can be used in some of your favorite recipes. Try is roasted as a sidedish!
- 2 firm ripe eggplant
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Sprig of rosemary
- Sprinkle of red pepper flakes
- Infuse olive oil -heat for 5 minutes olive oil, garlic, rosemary & red pepper flakes in a small saucepan on lowheat. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Rinse eggplant, then cut off stem & blossom ends and discard. Cut eggplant into ½ inch wide slices. Place in single layer on a baking sheet. Brush the tops of slices with infused olive oil.
- Bake in oven for 15 minutes. The eggplant slices will be fork tender when ready.
- Cool the roasted eggplant to use later in soups, spreads, casseroles or other recipes, or serve immediately in aroasted veggie sandwich with fresh spinach or baby kale!