Quinoa is a seed that is packed with protein! Pair it with roasted veggies and fresh herbs for a delicious and nutrition meal or side dish for your family.
- 1 cup Quinoa
- 2 cups water
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups fresh green beans, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 sweet red pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 small head broccoli, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ cup fresh chives, chopped
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- ¼ cup fresh basil, chopped
- Sprinkle of salt & pepper
- Combine Quinoa, water and ½ teaspoon salt in covered saucepan. Bring to a boil, then simmer for 15 minutes, or until all water is absorbed. Set aside to cool.
- Rinse green beans, red pepper, & broccoli, then chop into 1” pieces. Chop onion. Place the veggies on a baking sheet, toss with olive oil and a sprinkle of salt & pepper. Roast in hot oven 425 degrees for 15 minutes, or untilthe veggies are tender crisp. Set aside to cool.
- Rinse, pat-dry, then chop: chives, parsley & basil. Then add cooled Quinoa, roasted veggies, toss together untilwell blended.
- Serve this dish as a light main entrée or side dish!