Pesto is versatile enough to use tossed with pasta, used as a bread dip in olive oil, topping for baked chicken, or simply stirred into light mayonnaise to enhance your favorite sandwich. This recipe is a perfect use of thebeautiful fresh herbs growing in your garden!
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup fresh chives
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup fresh basil1 spring rosemary
- Sprinkle of salt & pepper
- Harvest fresh herbs: chives, parsley, basil & rosemary. Rinse well & pat-dry with paper towels.
- Chop chives into 3” sections to prevent them bunching up in the food processor. Place the herbs in a food processor. Add 3-4 garlic cloves. Sprinkle with salt & pepper. Drizzle 2-3 tablespoons olive oil over the herbs, then pulse until smooth. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed.
- Drop herb mixture by tablespoon onto aluminum foil, or spoon into ice cube trays. Freeze until firm, then storein a labeled freezer bag. Store in freezer for up to 6 months. Allow frozen Mixed Herb drops to defrost 20 minutes before using in a recipe.
- Enjoy finding tasty ways to use your delicious Mixed Herb Pesto!