Makes six 1-cup servings
- 6 large, ripe plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 large cucumber, peeled & chopped
- 1 large red or orange bell pepper, seeded & chopped
- 1/2 large sweet onion, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon vinegar Fresh basil, to taste
- 2-3 cloves garlic, or to taste
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Other options:
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, seeded Fresh cilantro instead of basil Lime juice instead of lemon juice
- Wash all vegetables thoroughly.
- Combine tomatoes, cucumber, pepper & onion in food processor & process until fairly smooth.
- Add the remaining ingredients & season to taste. Serve chilled.