- 12 cups homemade or low-fat, low-sodium chicken stock
- 2 cups potatoes, peeled & chopped
- 2 cups carrots, peeled & chopped
- 2 cups celery, chopped
- 1 cup onions, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups cooked chicken, chopped
- ¼ lb. whole-wheat linguine or thin spaghetti, broken into pieces
- Place 12 cups chicken stock in large stockpot. Bring to a boil.
- Chop potatoes, carrots, celery & onions and add to the pot. Add minced garlic, poultry seasoning, salt, Italian seasoning, & black pepper. Bring soup to a boil, then cover & simmer for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, chop the cooked chicken, break pasta into pieces & set aside.
- Bring the soup back to a boil, then add pasta & cook 5 minutes. Add cooked chicken.
- Serve Chicken Noodle Soup to your family with a leafy green salad with tomatoes, broccoli & chopped red peppers, & multigrain bread.
- Enjoy this hearty & healthy today, then store in the fridge or freeze for leftovers on a busy day.