Sunday, February 20, 2011
- Health: American Heart Association recommends 30 minutes of daily moderate activity (e.g., walking 3.5 mph) but three 10-minute periods of activity are almost as beneficial. This is very do-able!
- Wealth: Today is the first day of America Saves Week 2011, February 20-27, 2011. To learn more, visit http://www.americasavesweek.org/.
Monday, February 21, 2011
- Health: Physical activity boosts mental (and physical) wellness. It can relieve tension, anxiety, and stress.
- Wealth: If saving money is a challenge, become an American Saver and get free information and support. It’s free and very motivational. Visit http://www.americasaves.org/enroll/. You’ll be glad that you did.
Tuesday, February 22, 2011
- Health: The simplest positive change you can make to improve your heart health is to start walking. You can do it indoors or outside depending on the weather. Walking is free, easy, social, and great exercise.
- Wealth: Start Small. Think Big with America Saves. Print out http://www.americasaves.org/elements/www.americasaves.org/File/AmericaSavesLogoNew.gif and keep it visible every day.
Wednesday, February 23, 2011
- Health: At all your stops, park as far away as you can. It's easy to find a parking space! Depending on the number of stops you make, you could accumulate 10 to 20 minutes of walking by the end of your errands.
- Wealth: Need a savings coach? Look no more: http://www.americasaves.org/resources/ewealth.asp.
Thursday, February 24, 2011
- Health: Check your body mass index and aim to keep it under 25: http://www.nhlbisupport.com/bmi/.
- Wealth: Here are some great savings and expense reduction tips from America Saves: http://www.americasaves.org/resources/savings_tip.asp
Friday, February 25, 2011
- Health: Becoming more physically active help you lose weight and look better. It can also lower your blood pressure and boost your levels of good cholesterol according to the American Heart Association
- Wealth: Lots of saving inspirational stories: http://www.americasaves.org/resources/newsletter.asp.
Saturday, February 26, 2011
- Health: For some good health improvement tips, check out the Small Step website> from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services: http://www.smallstep.gov/sm_steps/sm_steps_index.html.
- Wealth: The best place to save is your workplace. This article from America Saves tells you how. Tomorrow is the final day of America Saves Week 2011. Don’t forget to join America Saves: http://www.americasaves.org/enroll/.