Sunday, February 6, 2011
- Health: Want to learn more about nutrition and health? Visit the eXtension Families, Food and Fitness website
- Wealth: Don’t under-save for your retirement. Check out some online life expectancy calculators for a realistic estimate of how long you could live and how much you need to save.
Monday, February 7, 2011
Tuesday, February 8, 2011
- Health: Don’t drink empty calories with sugar-sweetened beverages. Water is both free and calorie-free.
- Wealth: Check the current interest rates on U.S. savings bonds at http://www.savingsbonds.gov/.
Wednesday, February 9, 2011
- Health: About 30% of Americans’ calories come from snacks. Keep fruits and veggies handy for quick and healthy food choices.
- Wealth: You’re paying 2% less in FICA payroll tax this year. Try to save it or pay down your debt.
Thursday, February 10, 2011
- Health: Need additional motivation to exercise in cold weather? Walk New Jersey “point to point” even if you don’t live in the Garden State.
- Wealth: Buy food with cash (instead of debit and credit cards) and you’ll eat better and spend less
Friday, February 11, 2011
- Health: Steam your vegetables instead of boiling tem. It will help to preserve their valuable nutrients.
- Wealth: Confused about personal finance terms? Here’s a helpful list in one place from eXtension’s Personal Finance website.
Saturday, February 12, 2011
- Health: Take the stairs (especially indoors in winter) whenever you can. It will add to your daily step total. Remember, the goal is to walk 10,000 steps per day and every step counts!
- Wealth: The Wall Street Journal has a great collection of personal finance calculators for basic financial tasks.