Sunday, January 23, 2011
- Health: Planning an exercise routine? Combine aerobics (e.g., walking or using a treadmill) and strength training (e.g., using free weights) because your body needs both.
- Wealth: Try to save more money. $50 of weekly savings at 6% will grow to $150,149 in 25 years!
Monday, January 24, 2011
- Health: Think of a rainbow when planning meals. Try to select a variety of colors for good nutritional value. The deeper the color, the better the nutritional value.
- Wealth: Compound interest is your best friend. Start saving and you’ll earn interest on interest over time.
Tuesday, January 25, 2011
- Health: Concerned about sodium in the foods that you eat? Test your sodium smarts by taking this quiz.
- Wealth: See how much more you’ll have by saving 1% more of your income: http://nyti.ms/8ZU90K.
Wednesday, January 26, 2011
- Health: Oranges are a good source of Vitamin C. For more information about sources of Vitamin C, see http://tinyurl.com/3gboae.
- Wealth: Increase your financial capability. Start by taking this quiz to see how much you and residents of your state know about personal finance.
Thursday, January 27, 2011
- Health: Trying to increase your fruit and vegetable intake? Check out these ideas.
- Wealth: Check your personal resiliency resources (financial, social, and personal) that can be tapped in the event of a financial crisis: http://njaes.rutgers.edu/money/resiliency.
Friday, January 28, 2011
- Health: Here are helpful tips for reading and understanding nutrition facts labels.
- Wealth: Have you ever done a retirement savings need calculation to see what you need to save? If not, check out http://www.choosetosave.org/ballpark/.
Saturday, January 29, 2011
- Health: Want to lose weight? Start reading and decoding food nutrition labels: http://dlvr.it/5G05d
- Wealth: Food for thought: Quit a $5 a day smoking or junk food habit and you could have $1,880 in a year and $150,000 in 30 years. Powerful math!