Sunday, January 17, 2010
- Health: Eat more carrots and less cake.
- Wealth: "Pay yourself first": treat savings like a "bill" and set aside money automatically.
Monday, January 18, 2010
- Health: Eat off smaller plates. You'll eat less food and cut calories.
- Wealth: Place $2 a day, plus pocket change, in a can or jar. In a month, you could save up to $100!
Tuesday, January 19, 2010
- Health: Track what you eat today and total up the calories.
- Wealth: Track what you spend today and add up the total amount.
Wednesday, January 20, 2010
- Health: Choose fruit for dessert instead of cake, cookies, ice cream, or pie.
- Wealth: Write an "I will" statement for financial behavior changes you want to make (e.g., "I will save $50 per week").
Thursday, January 21, 2010
- Health: Use fat-free (skim) milk instead of whole milk.
- Wealth: Pay for things in cash as often as you can (people with credit cards often spend more!).
Friday, January 22, 2010
- Health: Walk indoors or outdoors (weather permitting) during your lunch hour.
- Wealth: Shop around for the best credit card deals and banking programs (e.g., interest rates, fees).
Saturday, January 23, 2010
- Health: Eliminate a tablespoon of butter or soft drink every day to cut 100 calories.
- Wealth: Take a look at what's in your shopping cart. Are there expensive snacks or convenience foods that you can do without or make yourself?