Sunday, November 7, 2010
People who produce good results feel good about themselves. - Ken Blanchard
- Health: Exercise outdoors earlier in the day because it will be getting dark earlier starting today.
- Wealth: Keep good tax records throughout the year to document income, tax deductions, and credits.
Monday, November 8, 2010
Good habits result from resisting temptation. - Ancient proverb
- Health: Walk to a co-worker’s desk instead of e-mailing or calling them.
- Wealth: Educate yourself on personal finance topics through financial publications, seminars, and media.
Tuesday, November 9, 2010
If you’re going through hell, keep going. - Winston Churchill
- Health: Try a green salad or fruit salad or coleslaw as your side dish instead of French fries.
- Wealth: Carry less cash and plastic. Impulse buying is more difficult if you don’t routinely carry around your debit and/or credit cards and checkbook.
Wednesday, November 10, 2010
Don’t think, just do. - Horace
- Health: Eat at least 2 vegetables with your dinner.
- Wealth: If you receive a raise, bank it and try to continue living on the salary that you were earning before. Use the extra money in your paycheck to increase savings or reduce debt.
Thursday, November 11, 2010
A jug fills drop by drop. - Buddha
- Health: Get a whole grain head start with oatmeal or whole grain cereal in the morning.
- Wealth: Dollar-cost average investment purchases by depositing a regular amount at a regular time interval (e.g., $100 on the first of every month).
Friday, November 12, 2010
The results you achieve will be in direct proportion to the effort you apply. - Denis Waitley
- Health: Microwave a sweet potato for a delicious side dish.
- Wealth: Identify one current positive financial behavior (e.g., saving 6% of pay) and do more of it (e.g., saving 8% of pay). In other words, “kick it up a notch”!
Saturday, November 13, 2010
You have the power to change - Les Brown
- Health: Shake up your daily routine. Explore new physical activities
- Wealth: Continue to challenge yourself to improve your health and personal finances by enrolling in the year-long online Small Steps to Health and Wealth™ Non-Competitive Challenge.