Fresh beets are rich in Vitamin C and can make a colorful addition to your plate at mealtime. Roasted Beets aretender and naturally sweet. They make an excellent side dish, served hot or cold. Save the leftovers to serve on a salad.
- 8-10 fresh beets
- Sprinkle of salt & pepper
- Sprinkle of Italian herbs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut off blossom & stem end of fresh beets. Peel off the skin (use kitchen rubber gloves to keep your hands fromturning a beautiful shade of beet!).
- Cut beets into 2 inch pieces Place on baking sheet. Sprinkle with salt, pepper & Italian herbs. Toss lightly with olive oil. Spread in single layer on the baking sheet.
- Bake in oven for 35 minutes or