As of May 2021, pre-approved RCE programs, meetings and events can take place in-person in an outdoor setting with no more than 25 total participants (including volunteers, participants, parents, etc.). Social distancing and face masks must be utilized.
Steps for Hosting an In-Person Program
- Complete the RCE COVID-19 Training for Volunteers & Faculty/Staff hosting a in-person program
- Submit In-Person Program Request Form
- Communicate expectations with program participants – Use email templates to inform participants of expectations
- Facilitate in-person programs utilizing the protocols – Use the RCE In-Person Program Checklist
- Submit attendance records to the County Extension Office – Attendance list must be submitted within 1 week of the program
All RCE volunteers, faculty and staff must review the training video and the checklist below before submitting an in-person program request form.
- Watch the Restarting In-person RCE Programs Guidelines training video
- Review the RCE In-person Program Checklist
In-Person Program Request Forms
Complete the appropriate form below, specific to the program you work with, to begin the in-person program approval process. Forms must be submitted at least one week in advance of the program date.
Note - there are different forms for volunteer-led programs and faculty and staff-led programs. The forms collect the same information. However, the volunteer-led programs are reviewed at the local level while faculty & staff-led programs are reviewed at the state level.
You will receive a copy of your request immediately for your records. Your county Extension staff will approve or deny your request within 2 business days.
Faculty and Staff-led Programs
You will receive a copy of your request immediately for your records. Your Department Chair or designated approver will approve or deny your request within 2 business days.
Health Screening Form
All attendees are required to complete a RCE Health Screening Form prior to arrival. If an individual answers YES to any of the screening questions, the form will instruct them that they cannot participate. If an individual answers NO to all of the screening questions, they will receive a green check mark indicating they are cleared to attend. A screenshot of the green clearance check should be shown at program check-in.
- Attendees who have not completed the health screening form upon arrival should be asked do so using a smart phone at go.rutgers.edu/RCE.healthform. If they don’t have a smart phone, the health questions can be asked verbally at arrival.
- A paper version of the health form is also available.